Cat S60: First Smartphone with Integrated Thermal Camera
We have seen thermal imaging cameras in Sci-Fi & Military based movies, Thermal Camera forms an image using infrared radiation, similar to a common camera that forms an image using visible light. Cat S60 is an Android smartphone which has integrated thermal camera. This is the first time we are seeing a thermal camera in a phone.
The innovations in smartphone space is limitless these days, we are seeing powerful phones than desktops and laptops. This kind of feature is very helpful for emergency responders to spot a life in burning building , useful for spot thermal leaks in electronic appliance to find the malfunction and for better night vision etc.
The Cat S60 is also rugged and waterproof, which is the best choice for field workers and specially for soldiers.
Cat S60 Specifications:
- Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Gorilla Glass 4
- 7-inch HD capacitive multi-touch with auto wet finger & glove support
- Optimised battery performance (3800mAh)
- High quality audio experience (>105dB)
- Underwater 13MP main camera with dual flash, 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE
- Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor
- 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM
- Android™ Marshmallow
- Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology; still image, panorama, and video capture; changeable heat palettes; temperature spot meter; and min, max, and average temperature data
The Cat S60 will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress, Feb 22nd – 28th, Barcelona Stand CS80. It will be available later this year RRP €649 / $599.