Nokia Phablets: Lumia 1520 and Lumia 1320
The long waited form factor in Windows Phone eco-system is phablet. Even though other OEMs are struggling in Android to make a considerable success in phablet market other than Samsung, most of the tech press yelled at Nokia and Microsoft about their lack of big screen phones. To answer all these, Nokia just released two beautiful phablets, Lumia 1520 and Lumia 1320. While 1520 is a high-end model, 1320 is lower-end version. Windows Phone 8 becomes more attractive and useful with big screen. Lets see what Nokia offering with these phablet beasts.
Nokia Lumia 1520
Lumia 1520 is thin device features 1080p full HD 6-inch display, 20MP PureView Camera with optical image stabilization. The first Windows Phone 8 device to have on board a Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800 Quad-core processor clocked at 2.2 GHz. With bigger display Windows Phone 8 adds third column of the live tile to home screen, which enable you to get more on the home screen. Nokia enhanced sensors and algorithms for imaging, which enables stunning photography with Lumia 1520. With Quad-core processor, bigger screen, 20MP PureView camera, Lumia 1520 is a fastest and better phablet out there.
The Nokia Lumia 1520 will be available this quarter in Hong Kong, Singapore, the United States, China and Europe (including Finland, France, Germany, and the UK), followed by other markets; and it has an estimated price of around USD 749 before local taxes and subsidies.
Nokia Lumia 1520 specifications
- Display : 6-inch, ClearBlack, IPS LCD, Full HD 1080p
- Primary Camera : 20MP PureView with ZEISS optics
- Secondary Camera : 1.2MP HD with wide angle
- RAM : 2GB
- Memory : 32GB internal, Expandable up to 64GB
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n/ac, micro-USB, BT 4.0 LE, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor
- Battery: 3400 mAh with built-in wireless charging
- Networks: GSM/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; WCDMA: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz; ROW LTE: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20; USA LTE: 2, 4, 5, 7, 17; HSPA+: DL 42 Mbps (Cat 24) / UL 11.5 Mbps (Cat 7)
- Speed: LTE 150/50 mbps, DC-HSPA 42mbps
- OS: Windows Phone 8 with GDR3 (Update 3)
Nokia Lumia 1320
Lumia 1320 is a low price version of Lumia 1520. It features 6-inch 720p ClearBlack IPS LCD display with 5 mega pixel camera. Lumia 1320 will be available in orange, yellow, black, or white colors. The phablet will be available first in China and Vietnam in early 2014, followed by other Asian markets, India and European markets. It carries an estimated price of USD 339 before local taxes and subsidies.
Nokia Lumia 1320 specifications
- Display : 6-inch HD IPS LCD 720p
- Primary Camera : 5MP
- Secondary Camera: 0.3MP VGA
- Networks: LTE-ROW: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; WCDMA 850, 900, 2100 MHz; LTE 800, 1800, 2600; LTE-LTA: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; WCDMA 850, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz; LTE 700, 850, 1700, 1900 MHz; HSPA+: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; WCDMA/HSPA + 900, 2100 MHz.
- Speed: LTE:3, 7, 20 bands – 100/50 Mbps (cat 3); DC-HSPA ROW: 42/5.76Mbps (cat 24 DL/Cat6 UL); HSPA+ CHINA: 21/5.76Mbps (Cat 14DL/Cat6 UL); GSM: EGPRS 236.8Kps
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Dual-core 1.7 GHz
- RAM: 1GB
- Memory : 8GB, Expandable up to 64GB
- Connectivity: BT 4.0 + LE, Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5mm AHJ, WIFI 802.11(2.4GHz b/g/n)
- Battery: 3400 mAh