Xiaomi Mi 5 announced with Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage and Fingerprint Scanner
The highly anticipated Xiaomi Mi 5 is finally goes official in Barcelona at Mobile World Congress. Xiamoi is known for delivering high-end spec phones for lower prices. With Mi 5, Xiamoi continuing that tradition by keeping the flagship smartphone Mi 5 offering lower than Samsung Galaxy S7, LG G5 while having similar specs. The base variant for Mi 5 starts at ¥1999 ($306 / Rs 21,000) to top end variant at ¥2699. Lets see the Mi 5’s specs and features.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Specifications
- Display: 5.15-inch FHD display
- Processor: Snapdragon 820
- Memory: 4GB of RAM
- Rear Camera: 16MP with a dual-LED flash & OIS
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB UFS 2.0 flash storage
- Colors: Gold/White/Black
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow, MIUI 7
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: Category 12 LTE, Wi-Fi ac, NFC
The phone will be available initially in China starting from March 1 through Xiaomi website and later to spread across the world.
Mi 5 is the first phone from Xiaomi to have a physical home button which also works as a Fingerprint sensor. The phone has curved edges and Ceramic back which is durable and wear resistant. The phone is a looker and gives high end specs at lower prices, which is bang for a buck.