Google Nexus S is official now. Nexus S is successor of Google’s first mobile phone Nexus One. But Nexus One is developed by HTC, Nexus S is developed by Samsung. Nexus S is developed based on Samsung Galaxy S, not from the scratch like Nexus One from HTC. It will be loaded with clean (no additional software’s from OEM’s or carriers) install of Android 2.3, The Gingerbread. Nexus S going to be the reference phone for the next generation Android phones and available from December 16th on US through BestBuy stores and 20th on UK through Carphone Warehouse stores at a price of $199 with a two year T-Mobile contract, $529 unlocked. Nexus S will definitely catch your love, Its faster than any current generation phones. I don’t like Nexus One, But Nexus S really caught me. Go ahead to know everything about Nexus S.
Google ensured tight integration of hardware and software to highlight the latest advancements of the Android platform, It results better performance of the device. It seems Nexus S will get updates and new OS releases directly, Unlike carriers control over updates, Google called it as “pure Google” experience.
Let’s Look at the technical Specifications.
Nexus S Specifications:
- 1GHz Cortex A8 (Hummingbird) processor.
- 512MB of RAM.
- 16GB iNAND flash memory (internal storage).
- Back-facing: 5 megapixel Camera with HD video recording.
- Front-facing: VGA Camera.
- 3.5mm, 4-conductor headset jack
- 4.0″ WVGA (480×800) Contour Display with curved glass screen (Super AMOLED) touch screen.
- OS: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
- Google related Apps.
- 1500 mAH Lithum Ion battery.
- Talk time up to 6.7 hours on 3G (14 hours on 2G).
- Standby time up to 17.8 days on 3G (29.7 days on 2G).
Size and Weight:
- 63mm x 123.9mm x 10.88mm.
- Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
- Tri-band HSPA: 900, 2100, 1700.
- HSPA type: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) HSUPA.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 n/b/g.
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Assisted GPS (A-GPS).
- microUSB 2.0.
Nexus S Features:
- One of the Fastest Phone on the market.
- Brilliant 4 inch Contour Display.
- Unlocked by default.
- Front and back facing cameras.
- No third party software layer by OEM’s or carriers.
- pure Google, Updates are direct from Google.
- First Phone with Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Here is The Back Story of Nexus S.
Take a glimpse of the magic of Google Nexus S.
Why Google Nexus S not Nexus Two, “Samsung doesn’t like being number two, as Nexus One is developed by HTC and S fits with the Samsung Galaxy S naming style” said TechCruch.